What We Do
Mid & East Antrim Community Advice Services Trustee Board of Directors, led by our Chairperson, is responsible for ensuring that our services are delivered and meet the need of local people whilst meeting all contractual and legal obligations in line with charity law.
Staff and volunteers provide practical advice, negotiate on behalf of clients and represent them formally, such as at tribunal hearings.
Mid & East Antrim Community Advice Services have specialist Welfare Reform Advisers in each office. Call into our offices or phone the adviceline to contact us.
Pensionwise appointments are available to offer guidance to empower people to make informed decisions about their pension. People approaching retirement can find out more by visiting the Pension Wise website. Book an appointment by calling our office or call 028 9600 1333.
Common areas of inquiry include:
- Benefits – entitlements, support with applications and appealing decisions
- Debt and money advice – how to manage debts, improve your financial situation and maximise your income
- Consumer issues – from used cars to difficulties with gas and electricity suppliers
- Work-related problems – terms and conditions, dismissal, redundancy and intimidation
- Housing – from renting through to homelessness
- Relationships – splitting up, children and bereavement
On the phone and online
* Advice is only available to residents of Mid and East Antrim
You can contact our reception on 028 9600 1333 to make an appointment for assistance with form completion.
Or you can speak to an advisor by contacting our Telephone Advice Line Mon– Fri 10am-4pm (closed for lunch 1pm-2pm) on 028 9600 1333. If the advisor feels you need a face to face appointment they will arrange this for you during your call.
You can contact us via email on: firstname.lastname@example.org (please include name and contact number in email)